May 31, 2013

Ugly. Nasty. Danger!

Do you ever have those moments where you are so thankful that God is there, watching over you? Well, I had one of those moments a couple of weeks ago.

It was a typical Saturday- sunny, beautiful, and spent catching up on yard work.  I brought Baby Boy outside and set him in his walker (a tactic I use when I want him to stay out of certain places...like my flowerpots, for example). Dad was a few feet away, trimming some plants. I walked inside to get a drink. I was only gone for a minute (probably less) when I heard Baby Boy start to cry.

I looked out the window.
He had rolled his walker to the edge of the patio and got himself stuck.
Dad had his back turned for the moment.
It was not an emergency...
So I finished pouring my drink and returned to "rescue" my baby.

That's when I saw it.

About 6 inches from the walker, lying in the thick grass, was a large SNAKE. It was all coiled up with its little, disgusting head raised.

Was my sweet baby crying because he had been bitten by that evil creature?!
Panic!

Immediately, I grabbed my poor baby up from his walker and removed his clothes to look for a snake bite.
It's amazing how fast your mind and body work together when you fear for your child's safety. I'm sure I had him undressed in under two seconds and I had figured out how long it would take to get to the nearest emergency room before I had removed his socks...

And that's when I realized how thankful I am for God's watchful eye protecting my baby in those moments when I cannot see the dangers of this world.

There was no snake bite. Thank God. Literally, I thanked God.

As for the snake, well... he'll never be coming into my yard again.

When it comes to protecting my baby, there is one good snake: a dead one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!