December 15, 2013

A Fun New Twist on an Old Kids Party Game

I randomly saw a picture of this online and decided that I had to try it when the time was right. Well, with all this Christmas partying going on, I found the opportunity and I just can't wait!

A dear friend helped me put it together and purchase all the goodies. Here's how we did it:

We used one entire roll of Scotch brand packing tape, 38.2 yards to be exact, and started taping the toys and candy together to form this giant ball:



We included prizes that wouldn't be ruined when ripping off the tape:

  • Toy trucks, cars, and tractors
  • Hair accessories
  • Candy Canes
  • Erasers
  • Sunglasses
  • Magic Washcloths
  • Jumping Frogs
  • Play-Doh
  • Stacking Crayons (with plastic shell)
  • Necklaces
  • Festive Flexible Straws
  • Flashlights
  • Toy boats
  • Rubber Duckies
  • Wacky Balls
  • Glow Sticks
  • Wind-up Toys
  • Candy on a Ring 
  • And in the center: Silly String! 



 How to Play:

You'll need music (several songs).
Have the kids sit in a circle.
When the music is playing, the kids should pass the ball around.
When the music stops, whoever has the ball may unravel as many prizes as he or she can!
When the music starts, have an adult nearby to cut the tape, fold the end (so the next kid can find it), and discard the trash.
Keep going until the ball is gone!


 
What I love about this is that the kids can see all the prizes, but they can't tell which ones they'll be able to get. It makes me want to be a kid again. :-)



If you try it sometime, come back and tell me how it went. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!