Honey Apple Pork
4 thick, defrosted port chops
2-3 apples (I used Granny Smith)
4 Tbsp honey (approx.)
3 Tbsp brown sugar (approx.)
2 Tbsp cinnamon (approx.)
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (approx.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. On a cutting board, slice into the center of the pork chops, making sure not to cut all the way through (but deep enough to fit the apple slice).
3. Cut the apples into thin slices.
4. Place 10-12 apple slices in the bottom of your baking dish.
5. Place the pork on top of the apple slices and fill the slits with honey and at least 2 apple slices each.
6. Top with cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
7. Pour apple cider vinegar in the bottom of the baking dish (optional). You could use some lemon-lime soda or apple cider instead of the vinegar if you prefer.
8. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Be careful not to overcook or it will be too dry.
9. Drizzle some of the juices and baked apples on top before serving.