October 24, 2013
Recipe: Easy Chicken Pot Pie
My husband is a picky eater and I rarely find recipes that he is excited about eating. Well, this one did the trick and it made my day!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: About 30 min
Baking Time: 50 min
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2-3 cups cooked, shredded or diced chicken
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans and carrots), slightly thawed
3 cups southern style cubed frozen hash browns, slightly thawed
1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent roll dough
1. Cook the chicken. (I just cooked mine in a bit of olive oil and salt)
2. Start thawing 3 cups mixed veggies and 3 cups hash browns. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. While the chicken is cooking, mix soup, milk, sour cream, chicken stock, pepper, parsley, and thyme.
4. Shred or dice your cooked chicken, then add veggies, potatoes and chicken to the soup mixture.
5. Spoon it into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
6. Unroll the crescent roll dough. Use a pizza or pastry cutter to cut the dough into half inch pieces. Create a lattice look by laying the strips over the mixture.
7. Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!
Post Comments (Atom)