October 23, 2013

Seeing the Signs of Human Trafficking [2]



Last month, I wrote about how to know if your community is at risk for human trafficking. I learned that it's happening in my community, which absolutely horrifies me. Click here to read more about that.

When I attended a training recently, I learned of many ways to get involved and how to notify authorities. I'd like to share some of those with you today. The information I am providing was presented by Women At Risk International, during the Civilian First Responder Training that I attended.

How To Report Human Trafficking and Abuse:

  • If you suspect a case of human trafficking, call the national toll-free Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888.
  • If you suspect sexually abused or exploited minors call The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: 1-800-THE-LOST
  • You can also call Women At Risk International: 1-877-END-SLAVERY.  
  • Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network: 1-800-656-HOPE

Helpful Websites: 

Here's a little of what you might learn at a Civilian First Responder Training:





Keep your eyes open and don't be afraid to report something that doesn't look right. You could be that one person who sees the unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!