October 21, 2013

Shopping For The Perfect Drapes

If you're like me, you want your home to feel custom but you don't want to spend a lot of money and you probably don't have a lot of time to shop around. Curtains are an easy way to add a custom feel and character to any room. Sure, you can buy generic curtains from any home store or you could be really adventurous and create your own. I fall somewhere in the middle. I love a custom look but I'm not a seamstress, so I opt to order them.

I love this company: Country Curtains. They will send swatches free of charge. They have many styles, patterns, and price points (but they tend to cater to a more traditional style). I think they are higher quality than you would find at your local home store. The best thing  is that you can have the samples (swatches) delivered to your door and all you have to do is choose the right one, measure, and place your order.  It's great to be able to feel the texture and quality of the different fabrics before placing an order. Being a busy mom now, I love the option of shopping like this without having to step foot in a store.

You can also order extra fabric if you're being really adventurous and want to have custom pillows or upholstery done to coordinate with your drapery. Lots of fun options!

I'm working on a project now and ordered a bunch of fabric samples, some of which you can see here:


All of my favorite samples went home with the homeowner so she could try them out in the space, but it won't be long before we're all done and I'll share the finished product!

Don't be afraid to play with fabrics and patterns and colors on your windows. It's not hard to find a custom look- just try a company that offers free fabric samples and extra fabric by the yard to get the ball rolling.

Happy Decorating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!