September 7, 2013

DIY: Fall Foliage Wreath

Fall is almost here and I am looking forward to decorating!

Several years ago, I was looking for a fall wreath that I liked for under $30. Let me tell you, it's not an easy task. I couldn't find one so I made it myself.  Here's how it turned out:




You can make one, too:
I bought a plain wreath like the one below for around $6 and then found all the different types of foliage that I liked on sale. Most of the pieces ranged in price from $0.70 - $2.00. I also bought some wire specifically for making wreaths. 

There lots of different textures in my wreath. Some of the leaves, for example, are velvety soft while others are your typical silky feel. I also added several types of berries and some fruit. I think it looks more interesting with lots of colors and textures. Of course, you choose what you like best for your wreath. :-) 



  • After you have all of the materials, play with the foliage, arranging it however you prefer until you get the finished product you love. 
  • Stick the ends deep into the center of the wreath where it will be fairly secure. There is no need to glue anything permanently; that's why you have the wire. 
  • When you have finished arranging all of your "stuff" on the wreath, use the wire to wrap it in place. 
  • Weave the wire wherever you feel like more support is needed and tuck the end into the center of the wreath (so you won't get scratched later). 


It doesn't have to be pretty. Nobody will be looking at the back!  

And then it's done! Hang it up and enjoy it.

You don't have to spend a lot to have a very pretty fall wreath. If you don't use glue, you can change out the foliage whenever you please with no hassle. Easy as pie. :-)

Click the picture to find out how to make a different type of wreath:



Have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!