July 30, 2013

"Don't Judge Me!" A Follow-Up

If you missed the first post on this topic, you can read about it here.

Perhaps the most wonderful thing about having a relationship with the Lord is how He is constantly molding me into the woman He wants me to become. He is a very real and living God. He guides me. He puts things on my heart to write about.

Yesterday, He put this on my heart:

When I originally wrote about this passage, I had come across three instances within a two-week period where I heard people use the same scripture out of spite or general misunderstanding. I stand by what I wrote, but I think I need to add to it today...particularly about the verse that says,

"Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:5
I believe that if we spend the appropriate amount of time examining ourselves, we will have little time to worry about how God "should work" in the lives of others. When I am feeling tempted to point out someone else's failures or wrongdoing, I must remind myself that I, too, have failed people. I have failed God. I received forgiveness, therefore I should be quick to forgive, quick to give the benefit of the doubt, and quick to understand that some things are better handled by God. After all, isn't He in just as much control of this whole wide world today as He was on the day He created it?

The bottom line is: we should spend more time examining our own hearts, motives, actions, etc...before worrying about others' mistakes. That alone can be an effective witnessing tool.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to spend way more time encouraging each other in the Lord and resting in the peace that He gives.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!