March 5, 2013

Tea, anyone?

Naturally, after spending several years of my childhood in England, I developed a love of fine china, true antiques, and tea cups. Sometimes I have the worst craving for a proper scone topped with clotted cream and strawberry jam. Sigh. Today is one of those days.

Anyway, I've been collecting teacups since I got married (they remind me of England).

On the tray you can see three different teacup styles. The blue one is your standard English size, the white one is French, and the little pink one is Japanese. The teapot is American made and also happens to be part of my wedding china.


Here is my newest addition:

The blue goes perfectly with subtle blue accents in my dining room. So pretty!

And I absolutely love this little display rack. When I need a bit of a change, I just switch out the teacups for a new look.




Here's a fun way that my mom added to my collection: 


Measuring cups! Fun, right? 

Even more fun than displaying the pretty china is using them with friends who enjoy a good cup of English tea. :-) 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!