August 21, 2013

Growing So Fast!

My baby boy is not so much of a baby anymore.

It hit me today like a ton of bricks.

First, he turned the channel from HGTV to the Little League Championship on ESPN. Even if he doesn't understand baseball yet, he still preferred watching it instead of my show.

Then he brought me the dog's leash. And the dog. Entertaining him, I put the leash on the dog. He took the leash, looked at me and waved goodbye.

We went to the grocery store and I decided to stroll down the baby isle, just to see if we needed anything. We didn't. In fact, all my baby boy will ever need from that isle again is diapers and wipes!

Later, he climbed onto the couch all by himself and started turning lights on and off, on and off, on and off...and so on. Since when could he reach that switch!?!

Tonight at dinner, he clearly shook his head in disgust when I offered him more food.

And then, to top it all off, I asked him if he wanted to get out of his crib tonight. Clear as day he said, "yeh" and smiled.

I am LOVING this stage. He is so much fun to play with and watch. I absolutely adore him! But at the same time, I am sad to realize how fast the time is passing. Tomorrow he will be off to college.

I am going to savor every moment, for even all the ones that I have don't seem like enough. 

I love you with all my heart, Baby Boy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!