February 28, 2013

Recipe: No Bake Energy Bites

Pregnancy was not nice to my waistline. After my son was born, I changed how I eat. Completely. Instead of steak and extra-butter potatoes, cheeseburgers, corn dogs, and as much dessert as I could find, I started eating healthy. More fish, salads, nuts, whole grains, etc.

So far, I've lost a LOT. And I'm only 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! Yes!

Here is one of the healthy snack recipes that I absolutely love:

No Bake Energy Bites

Photo: www.gimmesomeoven.com

2.5 cups instant oats (dry oatmeal)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix together.
Form into 1-inch balls.
(Add more oats if they are too sticky.)
Enjoy! 
Store them in the fridge. 

They are OH SO GOOD!

You can add other stuff, too. The original recipe I saw called for some stuff we don't like (coconut & flaxseed). So I just left that out.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!